I recently heard of a man who used to pray every night to empty his mind of all thoughts that were not in line with God's goodness. Upon hearing this same story, others around me marveled at the wisdom of such a practice. Being the oddball weirdo that I am, I thought to myself "that sounds reasonable, but should we only retain the thoughts that line up with God's goodness? Some of the thoughts that would get tossed out might actually be aligned with His character." Now this could get me labeled as negative or critical, perhaps even cynical, but I hope it is apparent that I seek to be a biblical thinker, rightly dividing the word of truth, not being taken captive by the philosophies of man.
It may burst a few bubbles, but God's character is also severe. He said it, not me. It is this side of God that many unbelievers use as an excuse for not worshipping Him. It is also this side of God that the modern church finds difficult to worship and obey, even when given the power by Christ to do so.
We devise new ways to lack zeal and diligence, and we call apostasy by new names. We label those who labor in the word and watch their doctrine closely as divisive. We sing songs about ourselves which lift our status up instead of extolling the virtues of the One who died for us while we spat at Him in our self righteousness. We get angry with God when He does not operate within our parameters. We apologize to unbelievers and try to cover the portions of God's character that we deem to be flawed or negative. We need to repent, get back into the Word, and get out of all the extra-biblical writings that the world claims will give us a better grasp on the character of God than the Word itself. Is the Word not sufficient?
Turns out that man was Norman Vincent Peale. If you don't know who he is, you've got google. If you think positively enough, your search engine will find something. :) You may be surprised to know that his teachings are still alive and well in churches today, with many movements "rediscovering" the seeming benefits of these philosophies and working them into their teachings of the Word of God.
Do not despise prophecy, but test all things and hold fast to that which is good. On that note, I submit this word below for your testing, brothers. :)
Those of you who are familiar with Christ for the Nations will recognize the name... definitely a man you will never forget once you have met him.
--------------
As we were worshiping and praying April 5th, 2008, @ 9am, a word was given by CFN Vice President, Dr. Eric Belcher,
"... I will respond and share a secret with you for we are together in this Holy, Secret Place.The emphasis of My Spirit concerning worship in this day is not by chance, it is not by accident, it is not by the design of men, but I am moving by My Spirit to quicken worship among My people. To reveal My intimacy and how I love you and want to share with you what will happen, for the day is not far ahead when I will begin to judge. For although My people know that I am a loving God, I am also a God Who knows what it is to be severe. My Son bore the marks of Calvary and as a result all heaven bowed before Him.
But remember this: He will tread down the nations. He will tread down the nations. He will require of those who have polluted this world, not just physically, no, but spiritually. This of My creation has been polluted, for it was never intended in the original plan of creation. The Garden of Eden never intended pollution but it was polluted by the serpent and there are nations that have followed the serpent and have bowed down before that very spirit and are now about to bow down before the Antichrist and this nation is not free from such things, for there is evil in the midst of even the leadership of this nation to whom you love and whom you serve.
And I will require it, I tell you saith the Lord, I will require it, for the day is not far hence, but I will begin to judge. I will begin to judge, for you have cried and wept and prayed and interceded, and have said, “O God, where are you in the midst of such evil?” I will require says the Lord, in the midst of judgment, and at that time you will be aware of what I am doing because you have come to the Secret Place, because I am sharing a secret with you. You will be fortified; you will be edified, because you know what it is to be intimately a worshipper.
Yea, the reason of worship and the emphasis today is to fortify you for what is about to come, and when you may doubt, “Is this the doing of the Lord?” And you see judgment, the judgment of God upon this earth. Yes, I am a good God but I also am a severe God when it comes to evil and I will not, I will not, I tell you, put up with it or countenance it forever for I am about to judge that evil upon this earth.
But you will know it is to steal away to the Secret Place and you will know My presence, for you have learned to worship, and in the midst of worship you will be reassured that the victory is ahead because the Lion of the Tribe of Judah will prevail, He will prevail, and He will rule the nations with a rod of iron. Yes, your loving Savior will rule the nations with a rod of iron, and you would normally have cause to wonder, “Is this that gentle Jesus?” I tell you He shall rule the nations with a rod of iron.
And in those days there will be those, Yes, even Christians who will say, “Is this the Lord’s doing or is it not?” But My worshippers will know My presence even in the midst of devastation, for devastation I promise you will come upon evil and you will witness it but you will glorify Me, not for the sights that you see but because you know Me, you have met with Me in the Secret Place, you have met with Me in the Secret Place, you have worshipped Me in the Secret Place and you will understand when the world will not understand.
There will be things that will try to confuse, but they will not confuse you, for you have entered into the realm of worship and I instruct you to continue, I plead with you to continue to worship Me, and you will be able to understand what is happening in the future when I judge this world and even those things that are not pleasing to me in this very land, says the Lord."
No comments:
Post a Comment